The former commander of the Kosovo Liberation Army, Sylejman Selimi, who is supposed to appear before the Special Prosecutor’s Office in the Hague tomorrow, is being treated at the Clinical Hospital Center of Kosovo and can only travel to the Hague with medical escort – the director of the ORL Clinic in Pristina, Hajdin Thaci said.
„He can only move around if he is accompanied by a doctor and if he receives therapy. In these circumstances, when the patient is not stable and when he cannot walk normally and in the state he is in, he can travel, but he needs to be on the IV the entire time,“ said Thaci.
Pristina-based Gazeta Express earlier reported that Selimi was admitted to the hospital on Monday with „symptoms of dizziness and vomiting“, and that such a condition „can delay“ his trip to the Hague.
Meanwhile, Selimi’s lawyer, Tom Gashi, posted on his Facebook profile that the Selimi legal team is currently negotiating with the Special Prosecutor’s Office on the possibility of Selimi being questioned in Pristina on some other date, when his health stabilizes.
Gashi claimed that the general health of the former chief of KLA has been deteriorating for several years now and that he has been receiving treatment since December 5th.
Selimi was admitted to the ORL clinic on January 4th from prison in Dubrava, where he was serving his sentence. According to Thaci, under the circumstances, he will remain in the ORL clinic for treatment for 10 days.
Selimi was to be the first of the eight former senior KLA officers to appear before the Special Prosecutor’s Office in the Hague in January.
Pristina-based Gazeta Express published photos allegedly taken on New Year’s Eve on January 2nd. Photographs of Sylejman Selimi were published by an owner of a construction company, Jahir Morina Gripa.
Gripa posted the photo on Facebook along with a message of gratitude to Selimi because he spent the New Year with his family:
„It was a pleasure to spend New Year with the family and with General Sylejman Selimi in 2019!“
The director of the Correctional Service of Kosovo, Nehat Thaci, told the portal „Kallxo“ that Selimi had received two days off.
„He had two days off for the weekend, that’s in line with the law,“ Thaci said.
Recent activities of the Special War Crimes Court in Kosovo
- A former LDD deputy, Ghani Geci was questioned at the beginning of November at an unknown location in Kosovo. As he himself stated, he will be a witness for five murders before the court in the Hague.
- A former commander of the „KLA Operational Zone“ in Lab and a former MP of the Kosovo Assembly, Rustem Mustafa-Remi will be questioned on January 14th in the Hague. He was not told in what capacity he will be questioned. Attorney – Arianit Koci.
- A former member of the KLA, Astrit Shabani is serving a 20 years-long prison sentence in prison in Dubrava for the murder of 4 Roma and one Albanian. The Special Prosecutor’s Office questioned him in prison on December 8th, as Pristina media reported, on suspicion of killing a Serb and two Roma.
- The former president of the „Military Court of the Kosovo Liberation Army“, Sokol Dobruna was summoned by the Special Court for questioning in Pristina on December 12th. As the Pristina media reported, it was not initially shown in what capacity he would be questioned. During the interrogation in the Hague on December 13-14, however, as Dobruna himself had stated, he saw that it read that he was a witness, but on the basis of the questions they asked him he also cannot rule out the possibility that he is a suspect.
- The former „chief of the KLA military police in the operational zone of Lab“ Nazif Mehmeti, Captain Dini was summoned by the Special Court to appear at a hearing on January 22-24 in the Hague. He was not told in what capacity he would be questioned. Attorney – Tahir Rrecay.
- The former KLA commander and a member of the so-called „Drenic group“, Sami Lushtaku was called to appear at a hearing on January 14th in the Hague. He was not told in what capacity he would be questioned. Attorney – Arianit Koci.
- The commander of „Red Apple“ and „commander of the special unit of the KLA Main Staff“, Remzi Shala, was called to appear at a hearing on January 17th in the Hague. He was not told in what capacity he would be questioned. He stated that he would „not surrender“ or respond to the call. Attorney – Natal Bulakaj. In the meantime, the news arrived that Shala had “disappeared with no trace”.
- “Colonel of the KLA, part of the Pastrik operative zone“, Safet Sula was summoned by the Special Court for a December 12th hearing in Pristina. As he stated himself, he was called as a witness. He was questioned at the same time as Sokol Dobruna, from 13-14th December.
- A former „KLA“ operative in the „Operational Zone Pastrik“, Sabahajdin Cena received a call to appear at a hearing on 14th January.
Preuzimanje i objavljivanje tekstova sa portala KoSSev nije dozvoljeno bez navođenja izvora. Hvala na poštovanju etike novinarske profesije.