RTK2: Rakic announces public hiring ban introduced by Serb government to be lifted, new job openings in Gracanica

Photo: RTK2

The chief of Srpska Lista, Goran Rakic said during a visit to the Municipality of Gracanica that the hiring ban in the public sector would be lifted very soon and that new job openings will be created, RTK2 reported.

The Serbian President, Aleksandar Vucic announced in late May that the hiring ban introduced by the Serbian government would be lifted. The news was confirmed today by the mayor of North Mitrovica, Goran Rakic, following a prolonged period of absence of the Srpska Lista representative from the public scene.

President Vucic also previously announced an increase in wages and pensions of all persons employed within the Serbian system in Kosovo.

„We will increase the salaries and pensions again, you know how it is with the Kosovo extra salary payments. It will be a significant increase for Serbs in Kosovo. Our teachers, and our doctors, our medical staff, all people working in the Serbian system in Kosovo and Metohija will receive this significant increase and improvement in living standards,“ Vucic explained at the time.

The person responsible for this issue, the Minister of Labor, Employment, Veterans and Social Affairs, Zoran Djordjevic said in May this year that the hiring freeze, introduced in 2013, would be lifted on January 1st, 2020.

Srpska Lista representatives laid a cornerstone for the home of Zoran Velic’s family in Gracanica today. This public appearance by Kosovo Serb political representatives arrives on the eve of the Kosovo assembly session, where the dismissal of the assembly will be discussed. Early Kosovo parliamentary elections will be called if there are enough votes in favor and the Kosovo Assembly is actually dissolved.

The largest Kosovo Serb party, Srpska Lista, which currently has nine MPs in the Kosovo Assembly, still does not know whether it will attend the session scheduled for August 22 at 10 p.m.

„We will have a presidency meeting tonight or tomorrow morning and after we will decide whether we will be in the assembly on Thursday,“ the chief of Srpska Lista, Goran Rakic ​​said, RTK2 reported.

Srpska Lista has not participated in the Kosovo Assembly since November of last year when the Kosovo government imposed a tax increase on imports of goods from Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, but its MPs made an exception and attended a plenary session to vote on the adoption of the Law on Prohibition of Games of Chance. They wanted to maintain their mandates, they explained at the time, bearing in mind that the Kosovo Assembly rules of procedures read that a mandate will be revoked to the deputy who is absent from parliamentary sessions longer than six months.

Srpska Lista has not been active in the Kosovo government and assembly even before November. Specifically, as early as March of last year – following the arrest of the head of the Kosovo Office, Marko Djuric by the Special Units of the Kosovo Police, Serb representatives in Kosovo institutions „became the opposition“ and, as they explained at the time, suspended co-operation with their coalition partners from the so-called war coalition led by Ramush Haradinaj.

Commenting on the Catholic mass held at the remains of St. Nicholas Church and the display of the Kosovo flag at the fortress in Novo Brdo, the Srpska Lista leader underlined that – „we are unfortunately witnessing an attempt to change history.“
„We will fight against it and we will certainly not allow anyone to take away our shrines and homes and anything that is Serbian,“ Rakic added, RTK2 reported.

Comments

comments



Preuzimanje i objavljivanje tekstova sa portala KoSSev nije dozvoljeno bez navođenja izvora. Hvala na poštovanju etike novinarske profesije.