Dr. Elek: Injured biker is stable and out of danger; EULEX assisted in the search, rescue operation, and first aid

Foto: Lars-Gunar Vigemark, Tviter

The injured biker Ivan Milosevic is in a stable condition and out of danger, the acting director of the North Mitrovica Hospital Center, Zlatan Elek, confirmed in a short statement for KoSSev.

„The patient is in the I.C.U. and his condition is being monitored,“ Elek said.

He revealed that, for the time being, the patient will not be referred for further treatment to another health institution.

Milosevic sustained serial rib fractures, a fractured shoulder blade, and pneumothorax (presence of air in the pleural cavity).

He was admitted to the hospital around noon yesterday following a two-day-long search. Although Milosevic spent 48 hours in a ditch – after he was in a traffic accident near the Dudin Krs site in the vicinity of North Mitrovica, when he drove off the road on his motorcycle, he was conscious upon his transfer to the hospital.

EULEX assisted in the search, rescue operation, and first aid

EULEX also reacted to yesterday’s rescue operation of the Belgrade biker.

EULEX chief Lars Gunnar Wigemark said he was proud of the EULEX formed police unit from Poland who assisted in the rescue operation.

EULEX spokesperson, Ioanna Lachana, confirmed for KoSSev that a group of citizens who found Milosevic called the Polish EULEX police unit, who were on a patrol in that road section, for help. EULEX police officers helped pull out the injured biker, after giving him first aid.

Also, during the search for Milosevic, EULEX mediated in the exchange of information between the Kosovo Police and the Serbian Interior Ministry.


Waited for help for 48 hours in a ditch, conscious and with severe injuries

Ivan Milosevic (1989) from Belgrade was found injured yesterday morning near the site Dudin Krs, on the main road Leposavic-Pristina, after driving off the road on his motorcycle and landing in a ditch. He was on his way to visit a friend in Gracanica. A search for Milosevic was launched on Friday afternoon – the last time he had any contact with his family and friends after entering Kosovo via the Jarinje border crossing. The Kosovo Police has been searching for him since Saturday when his disappearance was reported.

Preuzimanje i objavljivanje tekstova sa portala KoSSev nije dozvoljeno bez navođenja izvora. Hvala na poštovanju etike novinarske profesije.