The USAID-funded Justice System Strengthening Program (JSSP) is inviting applications from qualified candidates with a proven commitment to the rule of law for the position of Northern Integration Specialist. JSSP is a four-year program that seeks to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of the administration of justice, enhance accountability and professionalism of justice system institutions and actors, and facilitate integration of judicial structures in the North.
Terms of Reference for the Northern Integration Specialist
Under the supervision of JSSP’s Chief of Party and Senior Northern Integration Specialist, the Northern Integration Specialist will be responsible for program development and implementation under JSSP Component 3. In this role, the incumbent will assist in facilitating justice sector integration in the North and in implementing all aspects of JSSP’s program there. The position will be based in North Mitrovica, with travel throughout Kosovo.
Candidates for the position of Northern Integration Specialist should be able to:
– Participate in developing, advising, and monitoring program implementation to prepare for and facilitate integration of courts in the North.
– Recommend and assist in the development and implementation of policies, rules, and guidelines that support and functionalize integration.
– Regularly engage with relevant counterparts such as court leadership, the international community, civil society organizations, and the Kosovo Judicial Council.
– Design and deliver technical assistance and training to court personnel to implement judicial service delivery and court administration in the North.
– Monitor project activities and regularly report on progress. Prepare or assist in preparing annual work plans, implementation schedules, performance monitoring, and reporting to USAID.
– Engage civil society actors in the North and oversee their work, including programmatic oversight and financial monitoring.
– Do such other tasks as assigned by the Chief of Party or Senior Northern Integration Specialist.
Candidates for the position should possess the following qualifications:
– University degree in law, public sector management, or related field required.
– At least three years’ experience with USAID, EU, UN, or other international donor(s).
– Experience working on donor-funded justice system projects, and knowledge of court administration principles, court organization, and experience of working with civil society.
– Familiarity with political and legal issues associated with integration of courts in the North.
– Program planning and implementation background.
– Strong organizational skills, rigorous attention to detail, and problem solving abilities needed to perform effectively in a demanding position.
– Demonstrated commitment to ethics, transparency, and accountability in program implementation.
– Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with team and counterparts.
– Excellent communication skills; excellent spoken and written Serbian and English; Albanian language skills preferred.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a CV, cover letter, and three references via email, with "Northern Integration Specialist" as the subject line, to email@example.com by Friday, December 9, 2016, at 17:00. Late applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Any attempts to otherwise contact USAID or JSSP about this solicitation will result in immediate disqualification.
Preuzimanje i objavljivanje tekstova sa portala KoSSev nije dozvoljeno bez navođenja izvora. Hvala na poštovanju etike novinarske profesije.