KFOR spokesman says Belgrade knew about police operation

KFOR, Zubin Potok
FOTO: N1

KFOR spokesman Colonel Vincenzo Grasso said on Wednesday that the Serbian authorities had been informed in advance about Tuesday’s Kosovo police operation.

The Colonel told Belgrade’s TV Prva that “it was not a surprise” and denied that the Hungarian contingent decided to react but was stopped by the KFOR commander as Serbian president Aleksandar Vucic claimed in parliament.

“The situation was under control yesterday and we monitored it constantly. We had a good exchange of information and were in contact with the Serbian authorities,” Grasso said.

The Kosovo police conducted an operation to arrest a number of alleged members of organized crime groups, including police and customs officers, which official Belgrade said was intended to intimidate the remaining Kosovo Serbs.

N1

Comments

comments



Preuzimanje i objavljivanje tekstova sa portala KoSSev nije dozvoljeno bez navođenja izvora. Hvala na poštovanju etike novinarske profesije.